- The purpose of this request for applications (RFA) is to invite innovative applications for (1) the development of new and improved instruments or devices, (2) the development of new methodologies using existing instruments, or (3) the development of software related to instrumentation.
- NCRR intends to commit approximately $1 million to this program in FY 2006.
- This amount will allow the funding of five to eight new grants.
- Applications will use either the R21 or the R21/R33 mechanisms.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit institutions, public or private institutions, units of state and local government, domestic institutions, and eligible agencies of the Federal government. Applicants from for-profit organizations are strongly encouraged to contact program staff before submitting an application.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- There is no limit on the number of scientifically different applications from an individual or an institution.
- Application materials are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms.htm.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Applied Toxicological Research and Testing
Biological Response to Environmental Health Hazards
National Center for Research Resources
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster